You know mold when it's staring you right in the face: white and green fuzzy stuff sitting on top of your week-old leftovers. But even if you diligently clean out your fridge, you may still be eating mold, and more importantly, mold toxins, without even realizing it. Not because your food has gone bad on your shelf, but because it was produced that way.
"Most people are exposed to chronic low doses of mold toxins in every single meal, but they are invisible and particularly hard to identify," says Dave Asprey, author of The Bulletproof Diet. "The more mold toxins you eat, the more damage they do over time."
Since not all food is equally moldy, Asprey shares the foods that should be avoided and others that you can still enjoy, as long as you use a discerning eye.