Not an entirely selfless act, the burrito behemoths wanted to make sure we all understand exactly why we're forced to shell out for that sweet, sweet dip: "We know that you know that guac is extra, but have you ever thought about what makes it so delicious?," they wrote. "Well, it starts with sourcing the best whole ingredients possible, and ends with a quick mash in our restaurant. In fact, it's so easy, we're going to show you how to do it."
Alright, enough with the chitchat. Here's how to make your food fantasies come true:
• 2 ripe Haas avocados
• 2 tsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
• 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
• 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
How to make it:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.