- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 acorn squash, halved, seeds removed, and cut into wedges
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons
- pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the oil and the syrup. Brush the squash wedges on both sides with half of the syrup mixture. Sprinkle liberally with the salt. Place on the baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork. Brush the squash again with the remaining syrup mixture.
3. In a small skillet over medium-high heat, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Fry the sage leaves until crispy. Transfer to a bed of paper towels and top with a few pinches of the salt. Garnish the squash with the sage leaves and pomegranate seeds.