Rainbow Rice Bowl
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 handfuls kale, ribs and stems removed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Cook the rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a steamer over high heat, cook the kale and spinach for 5 to 7 minutes, until slightly wilted.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, tahini, garlic, scallion, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the rice in a serving bowl. Top it with the wilted kale and spinach, bell peppers, and avocado. Drizzle the dressing over the top and serve.