Peanut Butter Pie
(Makes 8 servings)
Per serving: 564 calories, 16 g protein, 16 g carbohydrates, 51 g total fat, 18 g saturated fat, 7 g fiber, 274 mg sodium
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes plus cooling time
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid stevia or to desired sweetness
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons canned coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 drops liquid stevia or to desired sweetness
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons canned coconut milk
- Melted chocolate for garnish
1. Grease a 9" pie plate.
2. ￼￼￼To make the crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal/flour, flaxseeds, stevia, and cocoa. Stir in the butter, milk, and vanilla. Press into the pie plate. Prick the bottom with a fork. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
3. To make the filling: In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, with the same beaters on medium speed, beat the cheese and stevia until well blended. Beat in the peanut butter and coconut milk. (If the mixture is too thick, add more coconut milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach a smooth and slightly creamy consistency.) Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until well blended.
5. Pour into the cooled pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set. Top with melted chocolate, if desired.