Carrot, Feta & Almond Salad
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh italian or curly parsley leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 large carrots, shredded or grated
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. To make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste and mix with a fork to combine.
2. For the salad: Place the carrots in a large bowl, pour over the dressing, and toss to combine. Before serving, sprinkle the salad with the feta and almonds.
Tip: If I make this in the warmer months, I like using a mixture of fresh herbs straight from the garden, but you can use all mint or all cilantro—whatever is your favorite and in season. It's also fun to use purple heirloom carrots for color, as you can see in the photo we did on set!