(Makes 4 servings)
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- 1 apple, cored and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir together the strawberries, apple, 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Scrape the mixture into a greased 8" x 8" baking dish.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, oil, remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and salt. Add the melted butter and combine well, then sprinkle over the strawberry-apple mixture.
3. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes, then serve in bowls and pour the coconut milk over the top.