And it's a lot more accessible than it sounds! You don't need to be a hardcore yogi or spend solo time atop a mountain to reap the benefits. Have five minutes to spare? This simple, six-step meditation practice from Tone It Up will get you in the Zen zone:
1. Find a quiet, comfortable place to sit. Don’t think too much about it; just be sure you feel good in the space.
2. Set a timer for 5 minutes.
3. Close your eyes and take three deep breaths. Fill your belly with each breath, holding at the top of each for a count of 10 before exhaling slowly.
4. As your breath returns to normal, quietly observe the inhale and exhale. Nothing you need to do other than just feel the flow of air in and out. If any sensations come up, just let them wash over you. If you hear noises or feel restless, just let it be. If your mind wanders (which it will), gently and with love bring your attention back to your breath. Keep observing and feeling each inhale and exhale.
5. As you continue to breathe, bring awareness to your center. Feel the presence of your essence ... your heart ... your soul, and just be with it.
6. When the timer rings, turn it off and close your eyes once more. Take another three deep, cleansing breaths to end your meditation the same way you started it. Stand up slowly and stretch for a moment. That wonderful feeling of calmness is now yours for the rest of your day.
UP NEXT: How to Drink Alcohol and Still Lose Weight