More: 12 Anti-Aging Food Superstars
This sandwich is equally good made ahead of time and wrapped to go.
Turkey, Pear, and Grilled Radicchio Baguette Sandwiches
(Makes 4 servings)
Per serving: 45 calories, 23 g protein, 80 g carbs, 6 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 1,045 mg sodium
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 head radicchio, quartered and cored
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 7 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 whole grain baguette, cut crosswise into four 4" pieces
- 8 ounces thinly sliced low-sodium deli turkey breast
- 3 medium green or red pears, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
1. Heat the broiler and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lightly brush the radicchio with oil and place on the prepared baking sheet cut side up. Broil about 6" from the heat until lightly browned and crisp at the edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and broil until the opposite side is lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Separate the leaves when cool enough to handle and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Combine the honey and mustard in a small bowl. Split each baguette piece horizontally and spread each side with about 1 teaspoon of the honey-mustard mixture. Layer one-quarter of the radicchio leaves on the bottom half of each baguette and drizzle evenly with the remaining honey mustard. Layer the turkey, pears, goat cheese, and spinach evenly over the radicchio. Cover with the baguette tops and serve.