The warm, toasted pull-apart bread combines with the garlic and spices to make a seriously killer #CheatDay snack. Commence drooling now.
Roasted Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
(Makes 6 to 8 servings)
For Garlic Sauce:
2 bulbs garlic, roasted
1 clove raw garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon paprika*
Pinch of salt
1 loaf crusty French bread
2 teaspoons nooch**
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley*
1. Warm up your oven to 350°F.
2. Make the garlic sauce: Grab your blender or food processor and squeeze all the roasted garlic right out of their skins into the blender. Add the raw garlic, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, and salt and run that shit until the mixture looks nice and smooth.
3. Grab your loaf of bread and a sharp, serrated knife. Cut the bread in slices, almost all the way through the loaf, diagonally from corner to corner in both directions (check the photo if we aren't making any fucking sense).
4. Using a knife or pastry brush, smear the garlic sauce inside all the open cuts on the bread. Sprinkle in the nooch, wrap that fucker in foil, and throw it in the oven to get all toasty, about 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve as soon as it's cool enough to eat.
* Both paprika and parsley are just for looks. If you don’t have them, don’t stress.
** Nutritional yeast, or nooch if you're cool like that, is some real throwback shit. It's deactivated yeast sold in flakes that makes everything taste kinda cheesy. It's packed with B12, folate, selenium, zinc, and protein. You can find it in bulk bins at some grocery stores, near the soy sauce sometimes, and on the Internet. It is not the same thing as brewer's yeast, which you don't ever fucking need.
Adapted from Thug Kitchen Party Grub