This hearty Winter Kale Salad with Almond Butter Dressing is a reminder that salads never have to be boring. Recipe is courtesy of Georgie at In it 4 the Long Run.
Winter Kale Salad With Almond Butter Dressing
(Makes 1 serving)
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
2 cups of kale, massaged
1 1/2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of roasted butternut squash peeled and roughly cubed
1 Tablespoon of sunflower seeds
2 heaping Tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
1. To cook squash: Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Peel and cube butternut squash.
3. Toss in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, take squash out and flip it over then bake for another 15 minutes until tender, but not burnt.
5. To sautée kale: Massage kale to break up fibers.
6. Sautée over medium heat with 2 teaspoons of olive oil for approximately 7 minutes, until kale is wilted but not completely crispy.
7. To make dressing: Whisk together a 1/4 cup of almond butter, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 Tablespoon of tahini, 2 Tablespoons of warm water, and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
9. To assemble salad: Toss together sautéed kale, 1 cup of roasted butternut squash, sunflower seeds, avocado slices, and pomegranate seeds with 1-2 Tablespoons of almond butter dressing (depending on how heavily you want it dressed).