- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds Red Bliss or other creamy potatoes, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- A good handful of haricots verts (French green beans), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- A good handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons capers, drained Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 lemon, halved
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender all the way through when pierced with a paring knife, about 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes to a large serving bowl.
2. Bring the water back to a boil and add the beans. Cook until just bright green, not much more than a minute or so. Drain and add the beans to the potatoes.
3. Add the parsley, mustard, and capers to the bowl. Drizzle with enough oil to lightly coat everything, squeeze the lemon into the mix, and toss gently, being careful not to mash up the potatoes too much. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature.
UP NEXT: Guide to Healthy Grilling