Just rinse, pat dry, coat in oil and spices, and bake. Bonus: Kale is packed with vitamin K, which helps build strong bones and ensure your blood clots normally.
Pizza Kale Chips
(Makes 2 servings)
Total time: 55 minutes
- 1/4 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Fine sea salt
- 6 cups roughly chopped kale (tough ribs removed)
1. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in 1/2 cup hot water for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the soaking liquid.
2. Heat the oven to 300°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
3. Place the cashews in a food processor and grind to a fine powder, about 3 minutes. Add the tahini, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon juice, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pepper flakes, and a dash of salt and blend until smooth, up to 5 minutes, depending on your processor. If necessary to help it blend, add the reserved tomato soaking water to the mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, and no more than 1⁄4 cup.
4. Transfer the sauce to a large bowl and add the chopped kale. Use your hands.
5. Arrange the kale in a single layer on the oiled baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully flip the kale chips over. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake until crispy, about 20 minutes longer.
Adapted from Eat Clean, Stay Lean