More: 7 Metabolism-Boosting Foods You Should Always Have in Your Kitchen
This bowl is quite substantial and, if you have it for lunch, will likely keep you satisfied well beyond dinner. Because of its rice content, I would reserve this for any day other than your Low-Carb Days.
No-Cook Ginger Thai Soup
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 handfuls kale, ribs and stems removed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Cook the rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a steamer over high heat, cook the kale and spinach for 5 to 7 minutes, until slightly wilted.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, tahini, garlic, scallion, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the rice in a serving bowl. Top it with the wilted kale and spinach, bell peppers, and avocado. Drizzle the dressing over the top and serve.