More: 10 Rules for a Healthy Low-Carb Diet
Muffuletta is properly served on sesame seed-coated bread. So, if adhering to tradition is important to you, make your Basic Focaccia Flatbread with sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
(Makes 4 servings)
Per serving: 619 calories, 32 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 50 g total fat, 14 g saturated fat, 7 g fiber, 1,766 mg sodium
Total time: 5 minutes
- 4 slices Basic Focaccia Flatbread
- 1/4 cup muffuletta spread or tapenade
- 4 ounces sliced ham
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 ounces sliced mortadella
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 2 ounces sliced Asiago cheese
Spread 2 slices of bread with the muffuletta spread or tapenade. Top evenly with the ham, pepperoni, mortadella, provolone, and Asiago. Top with the remaining 2 slices of bread. Carefully slice each sandwich in half.