Paleta Asian-Inspired Broccoli Slaw
Serves 2, 175 calories per serving
2-1/2 cup broccoli slaw
3/4 cup buckwheat soba noodles or green noodles
1/4 cup almonds, slivered
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp sea salt
1 Tbsp ginger, grated
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1. In a small bowl or blender, whisk together the sesame oil, olive oil honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce/tamari and salt. Add the ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper.
2. Crush the noodles into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a sauté pan with a small amount of oil. Lightly brown the noodles, sunflower seeds and almonds. Then let mixture cool
4. Mix the nuts, noodles and broccoli slaw in a mixing bowl.
5. Toss the dressing with the salad mixture.
6. Serve cool. Garnish with black sesame seeds.