Grilled Chicken Gyros With Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce
(Makes 4 servings)
Per serving: 379 calories, 39 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 35 g protein, 10 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 682 mg sodium
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 4 large whole wheat pitas (6 to 8 inches)
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
1. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
2. In a bowl, combine the chicken, oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Grill the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the thickest portion reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and the juices run clear. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, and garlic. With the tip of a knife, cut an opening in one side of each pita.
4. Fill each pita with one-fourth of the romaine, tomato, onion, feta, and chicken. Spoon the yogurt-cucumber sauce over the chicken.