This recipe keeps things relatively low carb and high fiber and healthy fat, which will fuel you for hours without raising fat-storing insulin levels (like oatmeal would).
Apple-Cinnamon Chia Seed Pudding
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. In a mason jar, combine the chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla, and sea salt. Stir, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the apple slices, cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the apples are tender and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
3. Place the chia pudding in a bowl and top with the apples, raisins, almonds, hemp seeds, and coconut. Enjoy!