(Makes 6 servings)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1⁄2" squares
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Cook the garlic and onion for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Reduce the heat to medium and add the eggplant, salt, black pepper, and red-pepper flakes, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the eggplant softens.
2. Add the zucchini and bell pepper, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the zucchini and bell pepper soften.