Rodale has a long and venerable history in promoting wise nutritional choices and educating, guiding, and encouraging best practices on farms and in gardens. For decades, we have been at the forefront of advocating healthful ways to grow and select the best things to eat and drink.
By getting nourishing food into schools, helping people grow their own organic veggies, showing third-world growers how to develop sustainable farms, educating consumers about GMOs, and working to make the most of all the food we grow, the finalists on this list are helping to change our world for the better, a bite at a time.
WINNERS IN Food
Combatting Food Waste
Farming & Gardening for Good
- BarnraiserCrowdfunding from Farmers to Foodies
- Kimbal MuskThe Green Revolutionary
- Congressman Tim RyanA Foodie From Ohio
- Will AllenUrban Power Chow
- Bill CarvalhoA Bountiful Catch on Land
- Neil YoungA GMO-free Harvest
- Panera BreadThe 'No No' List
- The Conscious Kitchen and the Sausalito Marin City School DistrictSchooling Cafeterias on Natural Foods