Fitness is the basis for good physical, mental, and emotional health. Having the strength, stamina, wisdom, and ability to move confidently through the world builds self-reliance and a sense of true freedom.
This is where you'll find community heroes inspiring competition in marathons, making neighborhoods safe, and even sharing bicycles with low-income children. And you'll also discover companies putting fitness coaches on our wrists, and men and women from around the world creating hope and opportunity in developing countries. Those on this list are doing amazing things to help all of us live healthy, joyful, active lives.
WINNERS IN Fitness
- James Lawrence The Every Day Iron Man
- Jeff Galloway The Run-Walk-Run Leader
- Kathrine Switzer The Fast and Fearless
- Scott Jurek Vegan Voyager
Fitness with a Focus
- Dr. Bob Sallis Simple Steps to Health
- Girls on the Run Girls Grow Up and Get Moving
- MINDBODY Your Data Your Way
- Nike, Inc. A Hashtag for Improvement
- Shannon Galpin Going Global on Two Wheels
- Build Our Kids' Success (BOKS) Waking Up Kids' Minds and Bodies
- Mike Sinyard and the Specialized Foundation Riding Instead of Ritalin