Does toddler’s skin need the best sunscreen for kids? It’s the most common question that comes to the parent’s mind. If you’re also seeking the answer to this question, you’re at the right place.
Undoubtedly, we all need protection from the sun all year long, but kids’ skin is much more sensitive than adults. That’s why they easily get sunburns. Moreover, long term sun exposure can lead to various skin diseases, including cancers as well.
So, it is much more important for kids to protect their skin from the sun as compared to adults. Since sunscreens contain harmful chemicals that can irritate your kids’ skin, how will you decide that a particular sunscreen is safe for your kids or not?
Well, to help you choose the right sunscreen for babies and toddlers, here I am going to review the top 15 best sunscreens that are specially designed by considering the kids’ skin in mind. I will also share a buying guide and other vital aspects you should know about the sunscreens. So, let’s get started.
- At What Age Should I Start Applying Sunscreen on My Baby’s Skin?
- Should I Use Sunscreen on My Kid’s Skin Only on Sunny Days?
- What Is the Sunscreen Variant That You Should Go For?
- What Are The Best Sunscreens for Kids?
- Best Sunscreen for Kids Comparison Chart 2020
- Top 15 Best Sunscreen for Kids Reviews 2020
- Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70+ Sunscreen
- Alba Botanica SPF 45Sunscreen
- Australian Gold SPF 50 Sunscreen
- Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70 Sunscreen
- Aveeno Kids SPF 50 Sunscreen
- Badger SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen
- ThinkSport Kids SPF 50+ Sunscreen
- Thinkbaby Safe SPF 30 Sunscreen
- Banana Boat SPF 50 Sunscreen
- Coppertone KIDS SPF 70 Sunscreen
- Badger SPF 30 Kids Sunscreen
- La Roche-Posay SPF-60 Sunscreen
- Beauty by Earth SPF 25 Sunscreen
- BurnOut SPF 35 Sunscreen
- All Good Makes Everything Better SPF 30 Sunscreen
- Things to Consider When Buying the Best Sunscreen for Kids
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- My Top Pick
At What Age Should I Start Applying Sunscreen on My Baby’s Skin?
As per dermatologists, sunscreen needs to be applied to children that have passed the sensitive age of 6 months. However, it should be kept in mind that children below the age of 6 months must not be rubbed with sunscreen, rather lotions that are designed specifically for newborn babies.
For children under 6 months, you should only go out when absolutely necessary while using shade and clothing as the main defense against the UV rays. With time, dermatologists have come up with sunscreens that can be used on kids below 6 months. With kids, a little goes a long way.
Sunscreen should only be used on the parts that are exposed, such as the face, neck, hands, legs, and ears. Given the fact that babies are at the highest risk of getting skin reactions and absorbing the applied products, it is necessary to avoid any direct sunlight while covering them top-to-toe with light and breathable clothing items.
Should I Use Sunscreen on My Kid’s Skin Only on Sunny Days?
While this is a fairly common misconception that sunscreen should only be worn on a hot sunny day, it could be far from the actual truth. Regardless of how windy or cloudy the day is, if there is even the slightest amount of light visible, the sun rays are entering your body.
A small amount of sunlight for your skin is good as it provides you with the much-needed Vitamin-D. However, the sun emits harmful UV rays regardless of how cloudy it is. This UV ray can lead to skin cancer & skin-aging when exposed for a long time.
So, make sure you practice working sunscreen into your kid’s daily routine. Just as your kid needs to brush, sunscreen should be applied daily and continued even as they attain adulthood.
What Is the Sunscreen Variant That You Should Go For?
Sunscreens are generally classified by the way they filter the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. Filters such as Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide reflect the light back into the atmosphere and are referred to as mineral or physical blocks.
Basically, they create a sturdy barrier amid the baby’s skin and the sun. Plus, this sunscreen chemistry is most likely to be free from allergic reactions & is recommended for the young kids. The sunscreens filters known to absorb the ultraviolet rays of the sun are termed as chemical sunscreens.
These types of sunscreen filters might induce some allergic reactions for kids with sensitive skin. However, when used appropriately, these creams are amazingly effective in dealing with any sunburns or UV-induced skin issues.
Sunscreens with mineral blocks work straight away and might make your life way easier as a parent. On the other hand, chemical blocks tend to take as long as 20 to 30 minutes to get absorbed & start working. When using spray sunscreens, make sure the eyes and mouth are covered to ensure zero inhalation as you spray it over your child’s skin.
What Are The Best Sunscreens for Kids?
The best sunscreen for kids includes Neutrogena and Alba Botanica, as these sunscreens provide superior Broad-Spectrum Protection against UVA/UVB rays. These sunscreens are free from oxybenzone and other harmful chemicals. You can also choose Australian Gold; it is tested by the Dermatologist and Paediatrician.
If you are confused about which sunscreen is ideal for kids, then check out the features of the top 15 sunscreens and decide on your own.
- Best Overall: Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70+ Sunscreen
Formulated with Helioplex that protects against UVA/UVB rays, PABA free, Ideal for all skin types
- Best Budget: Alba Botanica SPF 45 Sunscreen
Made with botanical ingredients, Provides broad-spectrum protection, No oxybenzone, octinoxate, or gluten
- Best Non-Greasy: Australian Gold SPF 50 Sunscreen
Free from Paraben, Oxybenzone, PABA, Petroleum, Sulfate, etc., Dermatologist and pediatrician tested product, Rich in vitamins and antioxidants
- Best for Dry Skin: Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70 Sunscreen
Non-greasy sunscreen, Oil-free and PABA-free formula, Designed especially for active kids
- Best for Sensitive Skin: Aveeno Kids SPF 50 Sunscreen
100% naturally sources zinc oxide for ultimate sun protection, Sweat and water resistance for 80 minutes, Tear-free mineral sunscreen
- Best for Eczema: Badger SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen
Reef-free sunscreen, 98% organic ingredients for healthy baby skin, Non-GMO and Mineral protection
- Best Paraben-Free: ThinkSport Kids SPF 50+ Sunscreen
Free from harmful chemicals, Non-nano zinc oxide and non-aerosol formulation, Applies and absorbs easily
- Best Stick: Thinkbaby Safe SPF 30 Sunscreen
Convenient to apply, Non-greasy formula, UVA/UVB Broad spectrum protection
- Best Spray: Banana Boat SPF 50 Sunscreen
Reef safe and tear-free formula, Can withstand heat up to 100-degree, No added oils and fragrances
- Best for Everyday Use: Coppertone KIDS SPF 70 Sunscreen
Ideal for outdoor sports and beach activities, Contains an antioxidant vitamin blend to support the skin’s natural defense, Recommended by dermatologist and pediatricians
- Best Sweat Resistant: Badger SPF 30 Kids Sunscreen
98% organic ingredients & non-nano zinc oxide, Gluten-free, biodegradable, Provides water resistance up to 40 minutes
- Best for Acne-Prone Skin: La Roche-Posay SPF-60 Sunscreen
Designed to be gentle on kids’ skin, Easy to apply, Suitable for sensitive and delicate skin
- Best Natural: Beauty by Earth SPF 25 Sunscreen
Non-toxic, Gentle on kids’ skin, Provides sun protection and skin nourishment
- Best with Antioxidants: BurnOut SPF 35 Sunscreen
Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, non-greasy, Chemical-free, biodegradable, ocean-safe, eco-sensitive, Perfect for sensitive skin
- Best with Moisturizer: All Good Makes Everything Better SPF 30 Sunscreen
Lightweight formula and non-greasy, Organic chamomile for gently soothing sensitive skin, Non-active ingredients nourish your skin
Best Sunscreen for Kids Comparison Chart 2020
Now that you have gained enough knowledge about the best sunscreen for kids, here is a comparison table that will help you to decide the right sunscreen for your kids.
|Best Sunscreen for Kids||SPF||Water Resistance||Type||Net Volume|
|Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70+ Sunscreen - Best Overall||70+||80 minutes||Spray||2*5 Oz.|
|Alba Botanic SPF 45 Sunscreen - Best Budget||45||80 minutes||Lotion||1*4 Oz.|
|Australian Gold SPF 50 Sunscreen - Best Non-Greasy||50||80 minutes||Lotion||1*5 Oz.|
|Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70 Sunscreen - Best for Dry Skin||70+||80 minutes||Stick||1*0.47 Oz.|
|Aveeno Kids SPF 50 Sunscreen - Best for Sensitive Skin||50||80 minutes||Lotion||1*3 Oz.|
|Badger SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen - Best for Eczema||30||40 minutes||Lotion||1*2.9 Oz.|
|ThinkSport Kids SPF 50+ Sunscreen - Best Paraben-Free||50+||80 minutes||Lotion||1*3 Oz.|
|Thinkbaby Safe SPF 30 Sunscreen - Best Stick||30||80 minutes||Stick||1*0.64 Oz.|
|Banana Boat SPF 50 Sunscreen - Best Spray||50+||80 minutes||Spray||1*9.5 Oz|
|Coppertone KIDS SPF 70 Sunscreen - Best for Everyday Use||70||80 minutes||Lotion||1*8 Oz.|
|Badger SPF 30 Kids Sunscreen - Best Sweat Resistant||30||40 minutes||Lotion||1*2.9 Oz.|
|La Roche-Posay SPF-60 Sunscreen - Best for Acne-Prone Skin||60||80 minutes||Lotion||1*6.7 Oz.|
|Beauty by Earth SPF 25 Sunscreen - Best Natural||25||80 minutes||Lotion||1*4 Oz.|
|BurnOut SPF 35 Sunscreen - Best with Antioxidants||35||N/A||Lotion||1*3.4 Oz.|
|All Good Makes Everything Better SPF 30 Sunscreen - Best with Moisturizer||30||80 minutes||Lotion||1*3 Oz.|
Top 15 Best Sunscreen for Kids Reviews 2020
Now that you know what are the best sunscreens for kids – let’s check out the detailed reviews of each product to help you choose the right product.
Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70+ Sunscreen
When you are in search of the best sunscreen for kids, nothing could beat the amazing properties brought in by Neutrogena sunscreen with SPF 70+. This broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen protects your kid’s skin from the UVA as well as UVB light that has the potential cause of several skin-related issues.
This quality-tested sunscreen flaunts water-resistant features that protect you from the harsh beach sun when out on holiday. Formulated especially for the active kids, this sunscreen packs in ingredients that bring down any risk of the notorious skin cancer.
- Doesn’t strip off even when the kids sweat
- Created with Helioplex to provide top-quality skin protection
- Non-comedogenic formulation that ensures no possibility of skin clogging
- Hypoallergenic formulation suits anyone with normal to sensitive skin
- PABA-free sunscreen formula that ensures no skin irritation or long-term side effects
- Spray design that spreads out evenly on the skin
- The smell of the product is a tad overwhelming
|Product Dimensions/Weight||1.88*3.81*6.5 inches/10 Oz.|
With Neutrogena SPF 70+, prevent any sunburn when enjoying a day at the beach. To know more about this product’s features, check out this video:
Alba Botanica SPF 45Sunscreen
In case you are on a budget this month, you can’t spend a fortune on a simple sunscreen. However, with Alba Botanica, you get a high-quality sunscreen that doesn’t empty your pockets and ensures that you get all the features and benefits of the best sunscreen in the market.
This sunscreen with tropical fruity smell and formulation lingers on your kid’s body for a long time and doesn’t bring in the irritating chemical smell. The sunscreen also features a lightweight formulation to ensure that the skin can breathe even with a layer of protection added on top.
- Created from high-quality botanical ingredients
- Provides a broad-spectrum skin protection feature
- It is made with botanical ingredients like aloe leaf juice and chamomile
- Eco-friendly sunscreen that doesn’t harm the coral reefs
- Recommended and approved by the World Skin Cancer Foundation
- Doesn’t contain any octinoxate, gluten, or oxybenzone
- Contains avobenzone, which could be allergic for some kids
|Product Dimensions/Weight||1.5*1.5*3.25 inches/4.8 ounces|
With this biodegradable sunscreen lotion, you can safeguard both your kids as well as the environment. Are you wondering what else it brings to the table? Check out this video:
Australian Gold SPF 50 Sunscreen
Most sunscreen lotions are greasy and tend to look a tad sticky on the touch. This greasy texture can lead to clogged pores that cause acne and similar issues. With the Australian Gold SPF 50 sunscreen lotion, you get access to an eco-conscious formula that is designed while keeping the kids in mind.
Apart from this, this sunscreen provides protection from both UVB as well as UVA rays. This water-resistance sunscreen protects your baby’s skin for 80 minutes in water. The best thing about this formulation is the fact that it is free of animal cruelty and hasn’t been tested on animals.
- Free of oxybenzone, paraben, phthalate, PABA, dye, petrolatum, oil, etc.
- Zinc oxide and titanium oxide mix provides non-chemical lotion
- Brings in a power-type matte finish
- Consists of Australian botanicals like Kakadu plum, lemon myrtle, red algae, etc.
- Packs in the rich amount of antioxidants
- Has a beautiful citrus fragrance
- Leads to wrinkles
|Product Dimensions/Weight||1.9*3.07*6.48 inches/6.4 ounces|
Let your children enjoy an amazing time under the hot sun without having to worry about sunburns with the Australian Gold Sunscreen. Check out this video to know more about its features:
Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70 Sunscreen
(Best for Dry Skin)
If your kid suffers from dry skin, you would know how itchy things can get. With the Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70 sunscreen, you get access to a high-quality lotion that not only protects your kids’ skin but also nourishes it.
This stick-type sunscreen is a broad-spectrum variant that comes with the 70 SPF.
The cream stick consists of beeswax that is anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory to the skin. Designed for active kids, the sunscreen can get rid of any dryness from the skin. Although the sunscreen tends to the skin dryness issues, it doesn’t feel sticky on the skin even when left for a long time.
- Prevents skin aging and skin burning
- You can apply it directly to wet skin
- Tested by dermatologists for oil-free consistency
- Features a PABA-free formulation that doesn’t cause skin issues
- No running consistency
- Hands-free application without any mess
- This product is not reef-safe
|Product Dimensions/Weight||0.88*3.38*6.75 inches/0.47 Oz.|
Bring home this hypoallergenic and oil-free sunscreen stick for your kid’s daily outing convenience. Here is a video that describes more about its features:
Aveeno Kids SPF 50 Sunscreen
(Best for Sensitive Skin)
For kids with sensitive skin, having a generic sunscreen to protect them isn’t right. With the Aveeno Kids sunscreen, you get a powerful sunscreen that is loaded with SPF 50 for ultimate hot-day protection from sunburn. This travel-sized tube is a broad-spectrum cream that protects the skin from harsh UV.
The mineral-based formulation is mild, just like water, and can easily be applied to the skin to help lock in the moisture without causing any dryness, irritation, or stinging. It is ideal for use with both the body and face of your child. The formula consists of 100% naturally-sourced zinc oxide with a skin-soothing consistency.
- Consists of oat that is good for dry skin issues
- Sweat and water-resistant formulation
- Tear-free sunscreen formula with a non-greasy texture
- Hypoallergenic & paraben-free formulation
- Doesn’t include any phthalate or artificial fragrance
- Helps prevent sunburn
- Doesn’t spread out easily
|Product Dimensions/Weight||1.28*2.4*6.71 inches/3 Oz.|
When dealing with sensitive skin on your kid, the Aveeno Kids is something you should definitely choose. Check out this video to know more about its features:
Badger SPF 30 Baby Sunscreen
(Best for Eczema)
Does your kid suffer from Eczema? Do you need a reliable sunscreen that helps tackle this issue in a jiffy? With the Badger baby sunscreen, you can help control the spread of eczema without deteriorating it further. This dense formulation cream can be used for toddlers and infants alike.
Designed to serve broad-spectrum protection, the formulation has only 7-simple and safe ingredients. The gluten-free formulation is also hypoallergenic and doesn’t cause any skin irritation for your kid. The mineral-based consistency ensures that it stays on the skin for a long time.
- Consists of zinc oxide that doesn’t allow the UV rays to be absorbed into the skin
- Ideal for pool, beach, as well as light beach activities
- Brings in light calendula and chamomile scent
- Sunscreen is safe for coral reefs
- Made without any chemicals or oxybenzone
- Consists of biodegradable, eco-friendly mineral
- Consistency is a way too sticky
|Product Dimensions/Weight||5.6*2.5*1.8 inches/2.9 ounces|
With Badger baby sunscreen, prevent any instances of sunburn and allow your kid to enjoy the day. Here is a video that provides a better understanding of the features:
ThinkSport Kids SPF 50+ Sunscreen
Paraben is a chemical that can harm your kids’ skin as it gets absorbed by disrupting the body hormones. To ensure that this doesn’t happen with your kid, you need to opt for the ThinkSport Kids 50+ Sunscreen. This sunscreen passes the safety requirements set by Whole Foods Premium Care.
The sunscreen is free from harmful chemicals such as oxybenzone, avobenzone, PABA, phthalates, dioxane, etc. This effective sunscreen provides the highest water-resistance with 80 minutes of coverage.
- A reef-friendly formulation that doesn’t damage the ecosystem
- A biodegradable formulation that doesn’t layer up in the water
- A non-aerosol formula that ensures zero wastage
- Gets absorbed easily without any oily feel
- Doesn’t have any obtrusive smell like traditional sunscreens
- Cruelty-free testing, which is ideal for vegans
- Might cause a rash for sensitive skinned kids
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2*2*6 inches/2.88 ounces|
With this Paraben-free formulation, your kid can fight off the harsh sun rays and keep the fun just as active. To know more about its features, check out this video:
Thinkbaby Safe SPF 30 Sunscreen
For parents in need of the convenient stick design for daily application and travel purposes, the Thinkbaby Safe SPF 30 sunscreen is just what you need. This sunscreen is ideal for kids with oily skin and doesn’t grease up the area. Your kid’s skin can breathe easily and doesn’t clog up even with multiple layering.
The formula is specially designed for kids. Hence, it is free from harmful elements, including avobenzone, phthalates, oxybenzone, PABA, etc. The sunscreen can be applied easily on the skin without the presence of any obtrusive smell.
- Broad-spectrum formulation provides UVA and UVB protection
- Aerosol-free formulation ensures zero wastage
- Isn’t tested on animals, cruelty-free formulation
- Designed for daily use on body and face
- Helps prevent skin aging or cancer with sun protection measures
- Consists of zinc-oxide that doesn’t allow UV rays to penetrate in
- It leaves a white layer on the skin
|Product Dimensions/Weight||3*1*4 inches/0.64 Oz.|
With its convenient stick application, the ThinkSkin sunscreen will suit your kid’s sun protection needs for a long time. Here is a video describing more of its features:
Banana Boat SPF 50 Sunscreen
Spray sunscreen is easy to apply, and within minutes, your kid is ready to enjoy the day at the beach. With Banana Boat SPF 50 sunscreen, you get an amazing spray-design formulation that is reef-safe. The sunscreen provides you a worry-free and high-quality, broad-spectrum formulation.
The formulation ensures that no harmful chemicals are added to the mix, given the fact that kids can be sensitive to parabens, oxybenzone, fragrances, and so on. Additionally, the sunscreen is a tear-free formulation that allows you a scope to protect the kids without having to worry about any adversities.
- Mist-like spray formula that spreads out evenly
- Doesn’t wash off even when used in pool or ocean
- Stays on even when it is hot and humid outside
- Spray design helps focus on the hard-to-reach areas
- Provides an even coverage
- Can be applied on both face and the body
- Doesn’t last more than 2 hours
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2.35*2.35*9.06 inches/11.2 ounces|
Let your kid enjoy the beach fun without having to worry about suntans or sunburns with the Banana Boat sunscreen. Check out this video to know more about its features:
Coppertone KIDS SPF 70 Sunscreen
(Best for Everyday Use)
If your kids love to go out in the sun and play around, the Coppertone Sunscreen is perfect for daily use. The sunscreen is approved by the pediatrician and is designed to protect the skin from sunburn. Additionally, this formulation doesn’t wash off even if your child spends time in the water.
The Coppertone sunscreen stays strong on your kid’s skin and provides broad-spectrum protection against UVB/UVA. Further, the sunscreen comes in an easy-to-use squeeze bottle packaging that ensures no product wastage and releases the right amount of cream with each squeeze.
- Consists of no PABA, dyes, or similar chemicals
- Leaves a radiant fragrance in the body
- Contains Vitamins and antioxidant blend
- Supplements the skin and acts as a natural defense against sun rays
- Tear-free, non-irritating formulation for kids
- Stick design for targeted protection
- Requires a thick coating, and the product doesn’t last long
|Product Dimensions/Weight||7*3.2*1.6 inches/8 ounces|
Bring home this broad-spectrum formulation for the ultimate protection of your kids against sunburn. To know more about its features, check out this video:
Badger SPF 30 Kids Sunscreen
(Best Sweat Resistant)
At times, your sunscreen can wear off when there is a lot of sweating from the heat. However, with the Badger kid’s sunscreen, you get access to a water-resistance sunscreen lotion that resists any type of sweat outflow up to 40 minutes. It doesn’t shed off even as your kid takes a dip in the pool or beach.
Moreover, the sunscreen is a broad-spectrum, mineral-based formulation that spreads out evenly on the skin while protecting your kid from any burns or rashes that might occur. The formulation brings in simple and natural ingredients that do not harm the skin in any manner. If your kid is allergic, this is the sunscreen to opt for.
- Consists of zinc oxide that ensures protection from UVA and UVB
- Brings in a light vanilla and tangerine scent
- Safe for use in the coral reefs and is biodegradable
- Rich in antioxidants that help nourish the skin
- Doesn’t have any GMO or dyes for safety purpose
- Consists of healthy botanical compounds for healthy skin
- Doesn’t last a long time
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2.4*5.4*1.5 inches/0.32 ounces|
Lead the way to a safe beach experience for your kid with the Badger sunscreen. This video explains the right way to use it for your kids:
La Roche-Posay SPF-60 Sunscreen
(Best for Acne-Prone Skin)
If your kid suffers from clogged skin and acne, the reason could be the use of the wrong sunscreen. To ensure that this doesn’t happen again, the La Roche-Posay is an acne-free broad-spectrum formulation that protects from the ultraviolet rays. Further, the formulation lasts as long as 80 minutes in the water.
Recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians, this sun-protection formula is free from any obnoxious formula or the harmful parabens. This fragrance-free sunscreen doesn’t irritate your kid in any way in case he/she has a sensitive nose.
- Combination of photostable filters for UVA as well as UVB rays
- Packs in antioxidants as well as vitamin E for optimum skin protection
- Doesn’t lead to an increase in the damaging free-radicals
- Lightweight and comforting lotion
- Free from harmful oxybenzone
- Oil-free and non-comedogenic formulation
- Doesn’t spread out evenly, requires more effort
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2.96*1.88*7.24 inches/5.61 ounces|
Recommended by 90,000 dermatologists all around the world, this sunscreen is something you should definitely try for your kids. Here is a rundown of its features that you can watch in the video:
Beauty by Earth SPF 25 Sunscreen
If you are looking for an all-natural sunscreen, Beauty by Earth sunscreen is an ideal option. Unlike chemical-based sun blockers that get absorbed in your skin, this SPF 25 sunscreen is made up of non-toxic chemicals and sits on the top of your skin to protect it from the harmful UV rays.
The sunscreen consists of coconut oil, aloe vera, shea butter, as well as other skin nourishing elements to ensure that nothing happens to your kid’s skin as he/she plays in the sun. The zinc oxide non-nano formula keeps the skin breathing while blocking out any skin adversities that might enter the body.
- It won’t wash off in water as long as 80 minutes
- Crafted with nature in mind to protect the reefs
- Guaranteed by the manufacturer with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Ideal for all skin types and doesn’t cause skin irritations
- Designed for kids that love to stay out in nature
- White cream that helps monitor the spread on the skin
- Thick cream requires more effort to be spread out
|Product Dimensions/Weight||6*2*2 inches/4.8 ounces|
|Brand||Beauty By Earth|
With the Beauty by Earth sunscreen, you get access to an organic and all-natural formula that is safe for your kid. Check out this video to understand more of its features:
BurnOut SPF 35 Sunscreen
(Best with Antioxidants)
Antioxidants help keep the skin looking fresh and supple for a long time, even as your baby ages. The BurnOut sunscreen brings to you a unique formulation that keeps their skin as soft and supple as they were born. The broad-spectrum formula is designed to avoid any harm by UVB and UVA rays.
Additionally, the formula added to this sunscreen is recommended by dermatologists as well as pediatricians. If your kid suffers from allergies, this sunscreen ensures that you get access to a chemical-free hypoallergenic formulation.
- Biodegradable sunscreen that doesn’t harm nature
- Ideal for children that have a sensitive skin
- Petroleum-free, non-greasy formula
- Doesn’t consist of any nano-particles that might clog your skin
- Enriched with the natural helionori and pomegranate
- Easy-to-use tube design
- It doesn’t have water-resistance properties
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2*1.5*5 inches/3.36 ounces|
All Good Makes Everything Better SPF 30 Sunscreen
(Best with Moisturizer)
When the skin is dry, it can further lead to deterioration when under the sun. However, with All Good Makes Everything Better sunscreen, you get an amazing broad-spectrum formula that not only protects your baby from UV rays but also moisturizes his/her skin.
The formula is safe for the coral reefs as well as other organisms in nature with its harmless zinc-oxide constituent. This topical cream is free of oxybenzone, gluten, as well as GMOs. Further, this lightweight formula allows your skin to breathe.
- Best for kids that are older than 6-months
- Non-greasy formulation that doesn’t clog skin pores
- Soothes the skin and nourishes it at the same time
- Doesn’t get absorbed into the skin, hence protecting the health
- Soothing ingredients such as rose hips, calendula, and olive oil
- Requires a small quantity for the entire body
- Smell might not be soothing for some kids, might cause sneezing
|Product Dimensions/Weight||2.4*1.4*5.25 inches/3 ounces|
|Brand||All Good Makes Everything Better|
With a long-lasting formula, the All Good Makes Everything Better is a unique sunscreen that is designed in the best interest of your kid’s skin. Here is a video that explains more about it:
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Sunscreen for Kids
As the kids have extremely sensitive skin, therefore their skins can’t combat the scorching heat of the sun. Moreover, the sun damage increases the jeopardy of skin cancer. Hence, it is vital to know the things you should consider when buying the best sunscreen for kids.
- Broad Spectrum coverage: The sun radiates UVA rays and UVB rays. UVA rays can lead to premature skin aging, whereas UVB can cause sunburns. A sunscreen that is labeled as broad-spectrum offers your protection against both UVA as well as UVB rays.
- SPF: SPF or Sun Protection Factor decides for how long a sunscreen can protect your kid from the sun. However, no sunscreen can block 100% sun rays. SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB, whereas SPF 50 or higher blocks 98% or 99% UVB, respectively. Hence, choose a sunscreen for babies at least SPF 15, but experts recommend using a sunscreen with SPF 30 or SPF 50.
- Active Ingredients: Sunscreens often have active and inactive ingredients. The active ingredients protect the kid’s skin from UV rays, whereas the inactive ingredients nourish their skin. However, some sunscreens have chemicals like oxybenzone and octisalate to block the UV rays, but they can irritate sensitive skin; others use natural blockers like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. So, choose the active ingredient carefully.
- Water-Resistant: Kids love to play, no matter whether with water or under the scorching heat. Hence, in this situation, nothing can be better than water-resistant sunscreen to protect them from the harmful UV rays. However, there is nothing like a waterproof sunscreen, but a water-resistant sunscreen can protect for 30-40 minutes when in contact with water.
- Sunscreen Form: Sunscreens are available in different forms – lotion, stick, and spray. Although sprays are easy to apply, many people don’t use enough sunscreen and may miss spots, which can result in sunburns. Moreover, spray sunscreen can be inhaled, but this is not the case with lotions and sticks. So, choose the sunscreen form carefully.
- Skin Type: While some sunscreens are made for all skin types, a few sunscreens are formulated for specific skin types – dry, oily, sensitive, etc. Hence, choose the sunscreen as per the baby’s skin type. According to the skincare specialists, if your kids have dry skin, then make sure that you are avoiding the alcohol amalgamated sunscreen sprays.
- Price: Though it is the least important factor, it plays a vital role. Many people think that expensive sunscreen will offer the best results. However, they don’t know that sunscreens with SPF greater than 50 aren’t significantly more effective, but they are usually more expensive. So, never choose the sunscreen for kids just because it is expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Now that you know how to buy the best sunscreen for kids, you may have some questions in your mind. So, here are a few FAQs to clear all your doubts.
My Top Pick
Although sun exposure is good for your kids’ bones, sun rays can lead to painful sunburns and long-lasting skin infections. So, it is vital to use the best sunscreen for kids.
Talking about my top pick, I liked the Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 70+ Sunscreen the most. Not only its tear-free spray formula is easy to apply, but its superior broad-spectrum provides protection against UVA/UVB rays.
However, you can choose any other sunscreen from the list, depending on your needs.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I would love to answer your queries. All the Best!