Even so, loving workout classes in general doesn't mean you're going to love every single second of a 60-minute session -- or that things won't occasionally get a teeny bit awkward. Take a look at these 8 random things everyone thinks during a group fitness class:
1. "Where on earth does this lady's energy come from?" It's 7 a.m., and your instructor is so peppy she must have already downed six cans of Redbull today. You instantly wonder if you've ever been on her level.
2. "Am I doing this right?" Clap left, step right? Or is it clap right, step left? As the instructor does some sort of pony left-to-right motion looking flawless, you feel like the odd man out.
3. "Gah! Does she know her pants are see-through?" You can see the woman in front of you's polka dot underwear clearer than the Empire State Building on a sunny day.
4. "I wonder what I look like when I do a push-up ..." Before you realize what you're doing, you're checking yourself out in the wall lined with mirrors.
5. "What's the least obnoxious moment to take a water break?" The instructor hasn't paused yet, and you don't want to scare 20 people out of downward-facing dog when you un-pop your bottle cap, but, boy, do you need some H20. (We say just go for the water!)
6. "Is this almost over yet?" Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. We can't blame you for wanting to get your workout over with, but do yourself a favor and choose a sweat strategy that you really, really love. That way, you won't be watching the clock. Check out these 21 ways to make fitness fun.
7. "There's no way I can do another set of push-ups/burpees/crunches." You lost count of just how many sets you've already completed shortly after wiping the sweat from your elbow. (You didn't even know you could sweat there!) You tell yourself to keep pushing through it—just like this little guy:
8. "This is so much more fun than logging time on the elliptical." Despite having a slight grudge against your instructor's pep, when the class comes to an end and you all cool-down, the sense of accomplishment is very real.