Sumo Deadlift with Jump
1. Stand with your feet wider than shoulder width and hold a dumbbell (or medicine ball) in your hands, arms straight down in front of you.
2. Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor. The weight will lower in between your legs. Don’t hunch your back.
3. Explode upward so you jump off the ground. Keep your arms straight in front of you. When you land, you’ll be back in the starting position. Repeat for 60 seconds.
Tip: To simplify, do exercise without weight and concentrate on clean, controlled jumps. To supercharge move, increase weight of dumbbell but be sure you can maintain proper form.
Leg Lift with Band Stretch
1. While lying on your back, hold a resistance band up in front of your shoulders.
2. Lift your right leg without bending it until it’s straight up. Simultaneously pull your hands until your arms are open wide and the band is stretched across your chest. Hold for a second and then lower your leg and return your arms to the starting position. Alternate leg lifts for 60 seconds.